At Maddison Lea we respect your right to privacy. When you provide Maddison Lea with your name, e-mail address, mailing address, or telephone number for the purposes of placing and fulfilling an order, we will use that necessary information to process our customer's orders and requests. We may also use your information for the following legitimate interests, including:
- To provide you with our services and applications
- To prevent risk and fraud
- To provide reporting and analytics
- To provide communications, marketing and advertising
- To provide troubleshooting, support services or to answer questions
Maddison Lea will not use your information for marketing purposes unless you clearly agree to “opt in” to our subscriber e-mail. Our subscriber email may transmit the following information by email: store news, special offers, and updated product information, and other Maddison Lea related information.
Maddison Lea does not offer, or allow the selling of, any user-provided information to third parties. In the event of an investigation by a law enforcement agency, Maddison Lea will provide information as required by law.
Maddison Lea respects the rights users give us when opting to receive e-mail communications and enforces internal policies to preserve those rights. It is our objective to retain the long-term ability to continue to communicate with our users. If you do not want Maddison Lea to contact you, you may opt out of this preference at any time, by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the email, or contacting Maddison Lea directly to ask for the removal of your name from the subscriber mailing list. You can contact us using the information on our Contact page.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
If you wish to opt-out of the collection and use of your data for marketing, you may find the following sites useful to block ads: http://www.aboutads.info/choices (Digital Advertising Alliance's Opt-Out page) or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. A Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on is available here.
Maddison Lea uses a cookie warning pop-up banner on this website. Upon loading it will appear to EU visitors.
Statistical information automatically collected
When you visit Maddison Lea website, our web host may make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded from this website
- the previous site you visited just before coming here
- the platform of computer you are using
- the search engine terms you used to get here
- the type of browser you are using
- the type of device you are using.
Maddison Lea will not make an attempt to identify visitors or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our logs.
Forms and Email Addresses
We will only store your e-mail address if you send us a message or provide it via a form on our website. Your e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent (which may be given by you in the act of filling in a form and will be clearly indicated). Your email address may be used to invite you to join a mailing list directly related to an enquiry for more information about our store promotions.
This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet or via email. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
Third Party Apps
Maddison Lea also makes use of a number of apps available in Big Commerce app store to improve our site's functionality and add extra services to our site, including providing functionality to our inventory and shipping management, and to improve our customers' experience on our website.
Apps are software integrations that link our website at "maddisonlea.com.au" (hosted on Big Commerce) with other external service providers.
Maddison Lea Australia website grants the following third-party applications access to user data in the following ways:
- Google Analytics makes use of the following types of personal data: "Online identifiers, including cookie identifiers, internet protocol addresses and device identifiers; client identifiers". Google Analytics collects first-party cookies, data related to the device/browser, IP address and on-site/app activities to measure and report statistics about user interactions on the websites and/or apps that use Google Analytics, which includes Maddison Lea Australia web site. Google uses Google Analytics data to provide the Google Analytics measurement service to customers. Identifiers such as cookies and app instance IDs are used to measure user interactions with a customer’s sites and/or apps, while IP addresses are used to provide and protect the security of the service, and to give the customer a sense of where in the world their users come from. This tool assists Maddison Lea Australia to analyse the web site's performance so we can make better decisions about our products and services in order to provide more relevant content to our customers. A Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on is available here. You can look at a detailed Google privacy document here
Maddison Lea Australia uses SSL encryption on all pages of the site, not just during checkout, to protect your personal information.
All care has been taken in preparing this website but no responsibility can be taken for errors and omissions. Prices and details may be subject to amendment without notice due to price fluctuations of raw commodities. Prices listed on our website are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
Maddison Lea makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site. Maddison Lea will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental punitive and consequential damages.